Maia (Obsidian Orbital (and other settlements in the Pleiades)) [#8216113749]
This system was first colonised with the construction of Obsidian Orbital in November 3301. Many strange artefacts have been discovered in this region of space.
This system is located at:
R: 383.309 / l: 166.604 / b: -22.946
Right ascension: 3h 48m 48.025s / Declination: 24° 31'16.338''
Metal-rich body (6 to 582 ls), Earth-like world (9,154 to 13,730 ls), Water world (7,507 to 29,072 ls), Ammonia world (18,994 to 51,684 ls), Terraformable (7,130 to 14,227 ls)
This system was visited for the first time on EDSM by Annwn on Nov 23, 2014, 6:06:17 AM.
It was named by the Galactic Mapping Project with the name of: Obsidian Orbital (and other settlements in the Pleiades)
39982 ships passed through Maia space, including 37 ships in the last 7 days.
5 ships passed through Maia space in the last 24 hours.
Asp Explorer - 2
Python - 2
Vulture - 1
|Operation Ida (Investment)||58.158 %|
|Anti Xeno Initiative (Civil unrest)||19.119 %|
|The Pioneer's Cooperative (None)||5.706 %|
|Ryder Revolutionary Party (None)||5.506 %|
|Hagglebeard's Heroes (None)||5.305 %|
|Nebula Goat Appreciation Society (None)||5.205 %|
|The Ant Hill Mob (None)||1.001 %|
In the fall of 3301 the Explorers Association successfully completed its campaign to establish Obsidian Orbital as the first permanent outpost in the Pleiades cluster. Unfortunately the Pleiades never became the peaceful haven for explorers and pioneers envisioned at the time. The Ant Hill Mob, a criminal faction, soon bullied the original crew of the station into submission and began using the newly constructed station for their shady affairs. With the discovery of Barnacles and Meta-alloys, the Pleiades also got the attention of the galactic superpowers as well as several research enterprises. These days a multitude of groups and individuals struggle for dominance in the cluster, and this has lead to the establishment of a surprisingly large number of deep space outposts in the region.
Please note: The controlling faction of each outpost may have changed since this list was last updated. Caution is adviced.
- Palin Research Centre - Engineer Workshop - Professor Palin
- Obsidian Orbital - Ocellus Starport - The Ant Hill Mob
- Moni's Hub - Outpost - The Ant Hill Mob
- Darnielle's Progress - Planetary settlement - The Ant Hill Mob
- Maia Point - Planetary settlement - The Ant Hill Mob
- Alcazar's Hope - Planetary Settlement - Pleiades Resource Enterprise
- Omega Prospect - Planetary Settlement - Sirius Mining Merope
- Reed's Rest - Orbis Starport - Sirius Mining Merope
- Stargazer - Asteroid Base - Atlas Research Group
Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16
- PRE Laboratory - Planetary settlement - Pleiades Resource Enterprise
- TII Research Facility - Planetary settlement - Pleiades Resource Enterprise
- Blackmount Orbital - Asteroid Base - Pleiades Resource Enterprise
- Blackmount Habitation - Planetary settlement - Pleiades Resource Enterprise
- Ceres Tarn - Planetary settlement - Merope Expeditionary Fleet
- The Indra - Mega ship - Merope Expeditionary Fleet
- Cooper Research Centre - Outpost - Cooper Research Associates
Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55